IN 1938, THE MAXWELL ART DECO GEM PROMOTED ITSELF AS BEING AS MODERN AS TOMORROW. 82 YEARS LATER WE’RE MAKING THAT HAPPEN
Our designer solutions will impress you. Hold your celebrations in one of our beautifully finished event rooms—wedding receptions, anniversaries, corporate gatherings. Gentlemen only—get a true barber cut and shave open 3-6pm Tues-Sat. Pilates anyone? Raise a beer in the Stockman’s Lounge, a cocktail institution. It’s as modern as tomorrow at The Max Hotel.
Located on the busiest corner in Lamar at Main and Olive, The Max Hotel is at the epicenter of convenience and options. The historic hotel was regarded as the gem of the community when built in 1938. A vintage postcard issued that same year describes the property as “Fireproof” and “As modern as tomorrow.” Known as the Stockman’s Inn and Lounge for the past 50 years, the Lounge continues to be the bar where everyone knows your name. Under new ownership, the Art Deco hotel is being renovated to include beautiful workforce housing for extended stay/long-term rentals, a bottle service lounge, barber shop, popup retail shop for artisans to rent by the month, Pilates fitness, coffee bar, electric scooters, in-building laundry plus catering service kitchen and stunning private event space. Check back in early 2020!
Enthusiastic bartender to provide an excellent guest drinking experience in the best new bar in southeastern Colorado. Work the bar, bottle lounge, dining room + patio. Special events are opportunity to boost your income. Good bartenders will be able to create classic and innovative drinks exceeding customers’ expectations. Compensation includes salary and tips.
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar + restaurant patrons
- Interact with customers, take orders + serve drinks
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences + make recommendations
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
- Plan + present bar menu
- Check customers’ identification to confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Restock + replenish bar inventory + supplies
- Stay guest focused + nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all liquor law regulations
- Resume + proven working experience as a bartender
- Excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing + serving drinks
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of current events, sports, politics + entertainment a plus
- Positive attitude + excellent communication skills
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked + clean
- Relevant training certificate.
Thanks a lot for the quick response. I was really impressed that you got back to me so promptly about my reception!
Engaged to be married
Your plans for this historic building are extraordinary. You’ve included something for everyone.
Long-time Lamar resident
I’ve already told my friends about your hotel and popup shop. They’re interested in renting it for one month and I am too!
Local pottery artist